As Carnival Australia prepared to launch another spectacular summer cruise season in Sydney, guests were welcomed onboard P&O Cruises Australia’s beautiful Pacific Adventure at the White Bay Cruise Terminal.
NSW Minister for Jobs and Tourism, the Hon John Graham MLC, was represented by Julia Finn MP, Parliamentary Secretary to the Premier, and Parliamentary Secretary for the Arts, who addressed guests on the importance of tourism in NSW and how the cruise industry plays a vital role in its success. Guests also heard insights from Meryl Swanson MP, Member for Paterson, representing the Federal Tourism Minister, Senator the Hon. Don Farrell.
Other speakers were:
- Christine Duffy, President, Carnival Cruise Line
- Steve Cox, Chief Executive Officer, Destination NSW
- Luke Mangan, P&O Cruises; Celebrity Chef
- Bede Fennell, Executive General Manager Corporate Affairs, Tourism Australia
There was a panel discussion moderated by The Daily Telegraph's Ben English, featuring:
- Teresa Lloyd, Chief Strategy and external Affairs Officer, Carnival Australia
- Margy Osmond, Chief Executive Officer, Tourism & Transport Forum
- Nick Abrahim, Chief Executive Officer, NSW Taxi Council
- Michael Johnson, Chief Executive Officer, Accommodation Australia
After breakfast, guests were invited to take an exclusive tour onboard Pacific Adventure.
This special event acknowledged the part cruise tourism plays in the local economy and the need for continued support to ensure NSW remains the gateway to Australian cruising.