At this reception, guests were treated to a captivating discussion on how Sydney's vibrant arts and culture sector is not just a source of inspiration, but also a dynamic force driving our city's economy and attracting visitors from around the world.
The Hon. John Graham MLC, Minister for the Arts, Minister Music and the Night-time Economy, Minister for Jobs and Tourism, addressed guests ahead of the State Budget to announce the Government’s night-time economy & arts funding initiatives, which were welcomed across the arts, culture and entertainment community.
Guests also heard insights from key industry stakeholders in two in-depth panel discussions including Steve Cox, CEO of Destination NSW, Sally Loane, Chair of Destination NSW, Michael Rodrigues, 24 Hour Economy Commissioner, and other key industry stakeholders and creative industry leaders who help drive Sydney's theatre, arts and cultural sectors;
- Michael Johnson, CEO, Accommodation Australia
- Mick Gibb, Chief Executive Officer, Night Time Industries Association
- Amanda Pieriboni, Head of Transactions & Development for Retail, Healthcare and Alternates, Dexus
- Anne Dunn, Executive Director & Co-CEO, Sydney Theatre Company
- Louise Withers, Founder, Louise Withers & Associates
- Rodney Rigby, Producer / CEO, Newtheatricals
- Graeme Kearns, Chief Executive Officer, Foundation Theatres
- Jon Blackburn, Chief Financial Officer and Director Corporate Services, Sydney Opera House